One Pot Carrot Slaw (Coleslaw)
Quick and easy carrot slaw recipe without mayonnaise, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot (bowl) in 30 minutes. Full of fresh matchstick carrots, toasted nuts, tangy lemon orange vinaigrette.
Lemon Orange Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Orange juice Preferably freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp Honey Or maple syrup, Adjust according to your preference
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Orange zest
- 2 tbsp Parsley Fresh, Finely chopped
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 pound Carrots Washed, Peeled, Cut into thin matchsticks or can be grated, Can also use store-bought bags of matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup Nuts Combination of toasted walnuts and pecans, Roughly chopped
In a large salad bowl or mixing bowl, make the vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, honey, lemon zest, orange zest, parsley, salt, pepper until smooth.
Add carrots, nuts and toss until throughly combined.
Chill in fridge for 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to marinate. Then, enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days but carrots won't be as crunchy any more.
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 525mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 19176IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg