One Pot Asian Slaw (Asian Coleslaw)
Quick and easy Asian slaw recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot in 30 minutes. Full of shredded red and green cabbage, carrots, green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, peanuts, ginger.
Asian Slaw Dressing
- 1/4 tbsp Olive oil Or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp Peanut butter Creamy
- 1-2 tbsp Honey Adjust according to your sweetness preference
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce Low sodium
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha sauce Adjust to your preference
- 1 tbsp Ginger Finely minced, Or replace with 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Finely minced, Or replace with 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 6 cups Cabbage Combination of red and green, Shredded
- 1 Bell pepper Red or green, Thinly sliced
- 1 cup Carrots Washed, Peeled, Cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 cup Green onions Thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Peanuts Roasted, Unsalted, Preferably Roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Sesame seeds White and black, Toasted
In a large mixing bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together olive oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper until smooth and creamy.
Add cabbages, bell pepper, carrots, green onions, cilantro and mix until evenly coated.
Let the slaw sit at room temperature for at 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to deepen and develop.
Sprinkle peanuts and sesame seeds on top.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best after 20 minutes but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days. However, the slaw won't be as crunchy any more.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 428mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4429IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg