Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Quick and easy crockpot chicken noodle soup recipe, made with simple ingredients. A classic, homemade, hearty soup with herbs, chicken, veggies, noodles.
- 1.5 pound Chicken breast Boneless
- 1.5 cups Carrots Peeled and sliced into small circles
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 1 cup Celery Sliced
- 2.5 tbsp Garlic FInely minced
- 1.5 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 cups Chicken broth Low sodium
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Bay leaf Optional
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Dried sage
- 2 cups Egg noodles Uncooked, Wide
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp Green onions Or cilantro, Or parsley, Roughly chopped, For garnish
Place the chicken breast in a slow cooker.
Add carrots, onion, celery, garlic, oil, broth, water, bay leaf, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, sage.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Remove the chicken and shred it with 2 forks.
Return shredded chicken back into the slow cooker.
Also, add egg noodles.
Cover and cook on high for 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Stir in lemon juice and garnish with green onions or parsley or cilantro and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served fresh but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 1597mg | Potassium: 1255mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8215IU | Vitamin C: 36.9mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 2.2mg