One Pot Roasted Red Pepper Soup Recipe
Quick and easy roasted red pepper soup recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop. This 30 minute meal is creamy, loaded with tomatoes & Italian herbs.
- 2 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 cans Crushed tomatoes 15 oz. cans
- 1 jar Roasted red peppers 12 oz. jar
- 2 cups Vegetable broth Low sodium
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce Optional
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 3/4 cup Whole milk Or heavy cream
Heat butter and oil in a nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
Add the onion and garlic and saute until fragrant.
Add flour and continue cooking until your have a thick paste that's golden brown. Turn off heat.
Add crushed tomatoes, roasted red peppers, broth.
Use a hand held immersion blender to blend everything until smooth and there are no flour lumps.
Turn on heat to medium heat.
Add sriracha sauce (optional), Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
Optional: Turn off heat and mix in milk.
Garnish with freshly chopped basil and/or parsley.
Top off with seasoned croutons, prior to serving. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 1983mg | Potassium: 869mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1320IU | Vitamin C: 62.1mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 4.1mg