One Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Quick and easy chicken tortilla soup recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop. A 30 minute meal with Mexican spices, beans, corn, chicken.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Garlic Finely minced
- 1 Jalapeno Deseeded, Finely chopped
- 4 cups Chicken broth Low sodium
- 2 cans Diced tomatoes 14.5 oz. cans
- 1 can Black beans Drained, Rinsed, 15 oz. can
- 1 1/4 cups Corn
- 2 cups Cooked chicken Cut into small cubes or shredded
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1.5 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice Or lime juice
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
- 3/4 cups Tortilla chips For topping
- 1 cup Toppings of your choice Green onions, Sour cream, Jalapenos, Shredded cheese
Heat oil in a large nonstick pot over medium high heat.
Add onion, garlic, jalapenos and saute until fragrant.
Add broth, tomatoes, beans, corn, chicken, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin powder, salt, pepper, lemon juice.
Mix and bring to a boil.
Let it simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. During this time, if the soup starts to look too thick, add water (based on your preference) and continue to let it cook.
Turn off heat and top off with cilantro.
Serve in bowls and top off with tortilla chips and any other toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1063mg | Potassium: 1266mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1625IU | Vitamin C: 48.9mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 6.7mg