Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
Quick and easy Mexican instant pot chicken enchilada soup recipe, made with simple ingredients. A 30 minute meal, loaded with beans, tomatoes, corn, chicken.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 1 pound Chicken Cut into very small cubes
- 2 cups Chicken broth Low sodium
- 1 1/4 cup Red enchilada sauce
- 1 can Black beans 15 oz. cans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 can Fire roasted tomatoes 14.5 oz. can
- 1 can Corn 15 oz. can, Drained
- 1 can Diced green chiles 4 oz. can
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Taco seasoning
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream Or cream cheese, Optional
- Toppings Sour cream, Tortilla chips, Cilantro, Green onions, Avocado, Shredded cheese
Turn Instant pot to “Saute”mode and heat oil. Add onion, garlic, chicken and saute for about 3-4 minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Note: Instead of tiny chicken cubes, you can use a 1 pound whole chicken breast and then just shred it at the very end with 2 forks.
Add broth, enchilada sauce, black beans, tomatoes, corn, green chiles, cumin, taco seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper and mix everything together.
Put the lid on and turn up the the valve to “Sealing.” Select “Manual” mode and set the timer for 15 minutes.
When the cook time is over, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before turning the valve to “Venting.”
Open the lid and mix in heavy cream or cream cheese to thicken the soup (Optional).
Serve in bowls and garnish with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 623kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 1409mg | Potassium: 1020mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 2195IU | Vitamin C: 30.5mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 5.5mg