Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Quick and easy homemade chicken noodle soup recipe from scratch that's made in just one pot with simple ingredients. It's light, healthy, cheap and delicious and ready in 30 minutes!
- 2 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1 cup Carrots Washed, Peeled, Sliced into circles
- 1 cup Celery Thinly slices
- 3/4 cup Onions Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic Finely chopped
- 7.5 cups Chicken broth Low sodium
- 1/2 tsp Thyme Dried
- 1/2 tsp Oregano Dried
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 12 oz Egg noodles Uncooked
- 1.5 cups Chicken Shredded OR cut into cubes/thin slices
- 2 tbsp Parsey Fresh, Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Parsley or green onions or thyme Fresh, For garnish
In a large stockpot, heat butter on medium high heat.
Add carrots, celery, onions and saute everything until the veggies become slightly tender.
Add ginger, garlic and saute them for 1-2 minutes, making sure not to burn them.
Add broth, thyme, oregano, bay leaf, salt, pepper and bring everything to a boil.
Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
Add egg noodles and let it all cook for about 10 minutes or until the noodles become soft.
Note: If you like more broth in your soup, you can add some more water or broth and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
Add chicken and parsley and cook for another 3 minutes.
Check the flavor to see if you need to add morel herbs or spices and add accordingly.
Discard the bay leaf and garnish with some fresh parsley or thyme or green onions and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 585mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1915IU | Vitamin C: 12.4mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg