Easy Creamy Pea Salad
The best classic, old fashioned, quick and easy, creamy green pea salad recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot or bowl in 20 minutes. This cold Summer salad is loaded with green peas, sour cream, mayonnaise, onions, bacon, cheddar cheese!
- 1 cup Mayonnaise Full fat
- 1/2 cup Sour cream Full fat
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar Optional
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1/2 cup Red onions Finely chopped
- 1 Bag Frozen green peas 16 oz. bag, Thawed
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cubes Optional
- 1/2 cup Bacon bits
In a large mixing bowl or salad bowl, add mayo, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, sugar, vinegar (optional), shredded cheddar cheese and mix until smooth and creamy.
Add onions, peas, cheddar cubes (optional), bacon bits and mix until combined.
Cover and chill for at least 1 hour for the flavors to deepen.
Prior to serving, garnish with more bacon bits. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Calories: 712kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 64g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1078mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 274mg | Iron: 0.6mg