One Pot Egg Drop Soup
Quick and easy egg drop soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 20 minutes. A comforting soup better than Chinese restaurants!
- 4 cups Chicken broth Low sodium
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2-1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch Dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 2 Eggs Large, Beaten
- 4-5 tbsp Green onions Roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil Optional
In a large nonstick pot, add broth, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Add dissolved cornstarch slurry and mix.
Lower the heat to medium.
Add the beaten eggs slowly and gently stir to make ribbons of cooked egg.
Add green onions, sesame oil (optional) and mix.
Turn off heat and serve immediately.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately and I don't recommend reheating leftovers. If you really must, you can store leftover soup in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 day and heat in the microwave but the texture will not be the same and silky smooth.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1144mg | Potassium: 244mg | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 17.6mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg