One Pot Garlic Rice (Garlic Fried Rice)
Quick and easy garlic rice recipe (garlic fried rice), homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 20 minutes. Enjoy as main dish or side.
- 1 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1 tbsp Olive oil Or any oil you like
- 8 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 4 cups Rice Long grained rice like Jasmine or Basmati, Already cooked, Day-old is best
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce Optional
- 2-3 tbsp Green onions Finely chopped
Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick pot or pan over low heat.
Add garlic and saute until golden and crisp.
Remove half the garlic and keep aside.
Add the cold day-old rice, salt, pepper, soy sauce (optional) and mix until the rice is fully heated and the rice grains have separated.
Turn off heat and sprinkle remaining garlic and garnish with lots of green onions. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Calories: 716kcal | Carbohydrates: 150g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.7mg