One Pot Lentil Soup
The best, hearty, easy lentil soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop. Loaded with vegetables, brown lentils, Italian herbs.
- 1.5 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1.5 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 1 cup Carrot Peeled, Roughly chopped
- 1 cup Celery Roughly chopped
- 2 cups Brown lentils Dried, Rinsed
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes 14 oz. can
- 6 cups Vegetable broth Low sodium
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To tast
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon juice Optional
- 1 tbsp Parsley Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and saute for a few minutes until onion is softened and translucent.
Add lentils, tomatoes, broth, cumin powder, coriander powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, ginger powder, salt, pepper, bay leaf and mix everything together.
Bring to a simmer.
Then, lower heat to medium. Cover and cook for about 40 minutes or until lentils are soft.
Uncover and use a hand-held blender to roughly puree the soup. Don't puree it too much or else it will loose its chunky texture.
If soup is too thick, mix in a little more broth or water. If soup is too thin, cook uncovered until extra liquid is reduced.
Optional: Mix in some lemon juice to add a subtle zesty kick.
Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and can be reheated in the microwave or stovetop.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 1091mg | Potassium: 978mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4643IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 6mg