One Pot Sweet Potato Soup
Quick, easy, creamy, sweet potato soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 30 minutes. Flavored with ginger, garlic, thyme and thickened with heavy cream.
- 2 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Celery Roughly chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger Grated
- 3 Sweet potatoes Large, Peeled, Cut into small 1 inch pieces
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 4-5 cups Broth Low sodium, Vegetable or chicken
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup Or honey, Optional
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Heavy cream Or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Parsley Fresh, Finely chopped, For garnish
Heat butter in a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
Add onion, celery sand sauté for a few minutes minutes until onions are tender.
Add garlic, ginger and saute for 1 more minute until garlic is fragrant.
Add sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, thyme, broth, maple syrup (optional) and mix until combined.
Bring to a boil.
Then, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Use a hand-held immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
Mix in heavy cream. The quantity depends on your preference. Using the full 1 cup will make it super thick, rich and creamy.
Garnish with parsley and sprinkle a little paprika. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave.
- To enhance the vibrant yellow color, add a little turmeric powder. A small quantity of about 1/4 tsp doesn't alter the taste at all.
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 724mg | Potassium: 321mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 10620IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg