One Pot Rice Pilaf
Quick, easy rice pilaf recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 30 minutes. Flavored with Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- 4 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1/3 cup Orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup Onions Finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 1 cup White rice Long grain
- 2 2/3 cups Chicken broth Low sodium, Vegetable or beef broth can be used too
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2- 1 tsp Italian seasoning Adjust according to your preference
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese Grated, Optional
- 1 tbsp Parsley Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
- 1-2 tbsp Almonds Sliced, Toasted, For garnish
Heat butter in a large nonstick pot over medium heat.
Add orzo pasta and stir fry until it's golden brown.
Add onions and cook until they become translucent.
Add garlic and rice and cook for about 1 minute until garlic becomes fragrant.
Add broth, salt, pepper, parsley and mix.
Turn up the heat to High and bring to a boil.
Then, lower the heat to Medium.
Cover and simmer until all the broth is absorbed and rice and orzo become tender (about 15 minutes).
Turn off heat and let it rest for 5 minutes, covered.
Uncover and mix in in parmesan cheese and fluff up the rice with a fork.
Garnish with parsley and almonds. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 719mg | Potassium: 221mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 374IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg