One Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos
Quick and easy shredded chicken tacos recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 30 minutes. Loaded with Mexican taco seasoning.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Onion Finely chopped
- 1 pound Chicken breast Boneless, Cut into small cubes
- 4 tbsp Taco seasoning Adjust according to your preference
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth Low sodium, Or water
- 8-10 Hard taco shells
- Toppings Lettuce, cheese, onions, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole e.t.c.
Heat oil in a non stick pot or pan over medium-high heat.
Add onions and saute until translucent and tender.
Add chicken and cook until it's no longer pink.
Sprinkle taco seasoning, salt, pepper and pour broth.
Mix until combined.
Cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
Remove lid and continue cooking until liquid is reduced to your desired consistency. Stir often.
Turn off the heat and use two forks to shred the chicken.
Fill taco shells with shredded chicken and your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately. Leftover tacos cannot be stored for later because the shells will become soggy. However, you can store this cooked Mexican shredded chicken and all the toppings separately in a sealed container in the fridge and assemble tacos together when you are ready to enjoy them.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 341mg | Potassium: 333mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 188IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg