One Pot Turkey Noodle Soup
Quick, easy turkey noodle soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 30 minutes. Great use of Thanksgiving leftover turkey.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 3/4 cups Carrots Peeled, Diced
- 3/4 cups Celery Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 8 cups Turkey broth Low sodium
- 1/2 tsp Poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 Bay leaf
- 12 oz. Egg noodles Or your favorite pasta
- 2-3 cups Leftover turkey Shredded
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch Dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 1 Egg Large, Beaten, Optional
- 2 tbsp Green onions or parsley Roughly chopped
Heat butter and oil in a nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
Add onion, carrots, celery, garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
Add broth, poultry seasoning, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, bay leaf and bring to a boil.
Add noodles and shredded turkey and cook 8-10 minutes or until noodles become tender. Add more broth or water if the soup starts to become too thick.
Mix in dissolved cornstarch.
Optional: Mix in a beaten egg to create ribbons of cooked egg.
Discard bay leaf.
Garnish with green onions or parsley. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Additional broth or water will need to be added when reheated since the noodles absorb a lot of the liquid and make the soup very thick and chunky.
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 1257mg | Potassium: 634mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2882IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3mg