One Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta
Quick, easy, creamy chicken pesto pasta recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 30 minutes. Loaded with basil pesto and cheese!
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts Cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 2 cups Chicken broth Low sodium
- 2 cups Milk 2% or whole
- 1/2 cup Basil pesto sauce
- 1 box Rotini pasta 12 oz. box, Can also use penne pasta
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheese Combination of mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes Cut in half, Optional
- 1 tbsp Fresh herbs Parsley or basil, Finely chopped, For garnish
Heat oil in a large nonstick pot over medium high heat.
Add chicken and saute until no longer pink (doesn't have to be fully cooked).
Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook until garlic is fragrant.
Add broth, milk, pesto, pasta and bring everything to a boil.
Then, lower heat to medium and simmer uncovered until pasta is tender and al dente and liquid is reduced/absorbed. Be sure to stir often to prevent pasta from clumping together and to avoid pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Turn off heat and add cheese and cherry tomatoes.
Mix everything together until cheese is melted and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 646mg | Potassium: 481mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 828IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 2mg