One Pot Chickpea Curry
Quick, easy, creamy chickpea curry recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 30 minutes. Packed with Indian herbs and spices.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1.5 cups Onion Finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger Finely grated
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes Optional
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 4 Curry leaves
- 1 Bay leaf Small size
- 1 can Chickpeas 15 oz. can, Drained and rinsed
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes 15 oz. can
- 1 can Coconut milk 13.5 oz. can, Full fat
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Cilantro Finely chopped
Heat oil in a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
Add onions and saute until soft and translucent.
Add garlic, ginger and saute until fragrant.
Add garam masala, curry powder, red chili flakes, salt, pepper, curry leaves, bay leaf and cook everything until combined and fragrant. This also helps to toast spices and makes them even more fragrant.
Add chickpeas, crushed tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add coconut milk and cook uncovered until liquid is reduced and curry is thickened to your desired consistency. Stir often to prevent sticking and burning.
Discard bay leaf and curry leaves.
Mix in lemon juice and 1 tbsp cilantro.
Garnish remaining 1 tbsp cilantro on top and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave or stovetop.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 635mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 5mg