One Pot Italian Wedding Soup
Quick and easy Italian wedding soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop in 30 minutes. Loaded with vegetables, meatballs, pasta.
- 1 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 1 cup Carrots Washed, Peeled, Diced
- 2 stalks Celery Washed, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 9 cups Chicken broth Low sodium
- 1 cup Acini di pepe pasta Dry, Uncooked
- 1 pound Frozen meatballs Pre-cooked
- 5 oz. Baby spinach Fresh, Roughly chopped if you like
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese Freshly grated, For topping
Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, carrots celery, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and cook for 5 minutes, until veggies are softened.
Add wine and deglaze the pan. Be sure to use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot to get all the flavorful brown bits.
Add broth and bring to a boil.
Add pasta and meatballs and continue cooking, uncovered for about 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
Finally, mix in spinach and immediately, turn off heat. Allow the heat to soften and wilt the spinach (about 1-2 minutes).
Serve in deep bowls with a generous topping of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in microwave or stovetop. Additional broth or water will need to be added when reheated since the pasta absorbs a lot of the liquid and can make the soup thick and chunky.
Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 1526mg | Potassium: 793mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5952IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 3mg