One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe
Quick and easy one pot Italian sausage pasta recipe, made with simple ingredients on stovetop. This 30 minute weeknight meal is rich, creamy and packed with cheese.
Course Main Course
Cuisine American, Italian
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
Servings 4 People
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage Cut into half inch slices
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Garlic Finely minced
- 2 cans Diced tomatoes 14.5 oz. cans
- 1 jar Pasta sauce 24 oz. jar
- 3/4 cup Green peppers Cut into thin slices
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1 box Penne pasta Uncooked, 1 pound box
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese Shredded
Heat oil in a nonstick pot on medium high heat.
Add sausage and cook until light brown.
Add onion, garlic and saute until golden brown.
Add diced tomatoes, pasta sauce, green peppers Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, water, penne pasta and mix everything together.
Cover and bring to a boil. Then, lower the heat to medium low. Let it simmer covered for about 20 minutes or until pasta is fully cooked.
Stir occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking to the pot.
Remove from heat and add cheese. Mix until cheese is fully melted. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 1060kcal | Carbohydrates: 109g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 1930mg | Potassium: 1631mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1270IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 300mg | Iron: 7.1mg