One Pot Candied Carrots
Quick and easy candied carrots recipe, homemade with simple ingredients over stovetop in 20 minutes. Loaded with honey, brown sugar, orange zest, cinnamon.
- 2 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Orange zest Can be omitted if you don't like orange flavor
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 bag Baby carrots 1 pound bag
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Nuts Such as chopped pecans or walnuts
Heat butter in a large nonstick pot or pan over medium-high heat until fully melted.
Add brown sugar, honey, water, cinnamon, orange zest, salt, pepper.
Mix and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and mix in carrots.
Let the carrots cook (uncovered) until tender and liquid/ syrup is reduced and thickened. This takes about 5-6 minutes.
Remove from heat and garnish with some brown sugar and chopped nuts. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave or stovetop.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 212IU | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg