One Pot Onion Gravy
Quick and easy onion gravy recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot in 30-40 minutes. Loaded with onions, broth, wine, garlic and fresh herbs.
- 1/4 cup Butter Unsalted
- 2 Onions Thinly sliced
- 1 clove Garlic Finely minced
- 1-2 tsp Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Red wine Can be replaced with broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 sprig Thyme Fresh
- 1 sprig Sage Fresh
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 2 cups Beef broth Low sodium
- 1-2 tbsp Cornstarch Dissolved in 1-2 tbsp water to create a slurry
Heat butter in a large nonstick pot or pan over medium-hight heat until fully melted.
Add onions, garlic and sugar and cook for 15-20 minutes until onion is caramelized and golden brown.
Add red wine, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, thyme, sage, rosemary and bring to a boil.
Then, add broth and mix until combined.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Remove herbs and discard them.
Mix in the cornstarch slurry and let it continue cooking uncovered until gravy is thickened to your desired consistency.
Add more salt and pepper, if necessary and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days. It can be reheated in the microwave or stovetop with a splash of water.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 581mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 369IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg