One Pot Pumpkin Salad
Quick and easy pumpkin salad recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot or bowl in 20 minutes. Loaded with roasted pumpkin, lemon vinaigrette and feta cheese.
Salad Dressing/ Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp Honey Or maple syrup
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Fresh thyme Roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh basil Roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh parsley Roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Red onions Thinly sliced Or can be replaced with 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 cup Baby spinach Fresh, Not frozen
- 1 cup Lettuce
- 1.5-2 cups Leftover roasted pumpkin slices or wedges Equivalent to a small 2 pound pumpkin, Can also cut into cubes instead of slices
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate seeds For topping
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin seeds For topping
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese For topping
In a large salad bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, basil, parsley until combined.
Add red onions, baby spinach, lettuce and toss everything together.
Top it off with roasted pumpkin slices, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and feta cheese.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
For a beautiful salad presentation (like shown in the pictures), prepare the salad dressing/vinaigrette and keep it aside. Spread the spinach and lettuce in large salad dish or salad bowl. Top it off with slices of roasted pumpkins and garnish with feta cheese crumbles, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top, just before serving. I usually only do this for dinner parties because it's elegant and looks fancy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately. I don’t recommend storing leftovers for later because if the vinaigrette has already been mixed with the greens, they will become soggy over time. You can store the salad and dressing separately for 2 days in the fridge and mix right before serving.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 277mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1142IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1mg