One Pan Mini Stuffed Pumpkin
Quick and easy stuffed pumpkin recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pan in 40 minutes. Loaded with bean chili, rice, vegetables, meat and cheese.
- 2 Mini pumpkins About 1.5-2 pounds each, Washed, Cut in half, Seeds removed, Small Hokkaido pumpkin is best
- 3-4 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 5 cups Leftover chili
- 1.5 cups Leftover rice Any type of boiled rice can be used
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese Shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 tbsp Parsley Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
Start off by brushing olive oil all over the pumpkins- inside and outside.
Sprinkle salt and pepper on the inside.
Place them on a baking tray and bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until flesh is softened but the pumpkins are still firm. Keep a close eye after 20 mins. Ripe pumpkin tend to bake faster.
Remove from oven and keep aside.
While the pumpkins are baking, prepare the filling by mixing together leftover chili with leftover rice. I also mixed in some leftover cooked carrots and peas but this is optional.
Fill each pumpkin with the chili mixture.
Top off each pumpkin with shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
Broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is filly melted and bubbly.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 825kcal | Carbohydrates: 100g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 2340mg | Potassium: 3581mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 60105IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 649mg | Iron: 17mg