One Pot Cranberry Chutney
Quick and easy apple easy cranberry chutney recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop in 30 minutes. Sweet, spicy, savory! Loaded with ginger, dill, cinnamon.
- 2 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1/2 cup Onions Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger Or use 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 bag Cranberries Fresh, 12 oz. bag
- 1 Red apple Peeled, Cored, Shredded or Finely diced
- 3/4 cup Water Can be replaced with orange juice or apple cider
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2-3/4 cup Brown sugar Adjust according to your preference
- 1-2 tsp Dill Dried, Adjust according to your preference
- 1 Cinnamon stick 2 inch piece
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes Can be omitted if you don't like a subtle spicy kick
Heat butter in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
Add onions, ginger and saute until onions are partially softened and ginger is fragrant.
Add cranberries, apples, water, vinegar, brown sugar, dill, cinnamon stick, allspice, salt, pepper, red chili flakes.
Mix until combined.
Cover and cook for 7-10 minutes or until all the cranberries have popped.
Uncover and continue cooking until excess liquid is evaporated and mixture becomes thick.
Use the back of your spoon to mash everything until partially smooth. You can also use a hand-held immersion blender to blend half the chutney so that it's still chunky but not too chunky. My family prefers it much smooth. So, I blend more than normal.
Discard cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Calories: 933kcal | Carbohydrates: 189g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 747mg | Fiber: 24g | Sugar: 145g | Vitamin A: 1309IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 2mg