One Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Quick, easy broccoli cheddar soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop in 30 minutes. Rich, creamy comfort food!
- 1/4 cup Butter Unsalted
- 1/2 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 4 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 cups Broth Chicken or vegetable, Low sodium
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 3 cups Broccoli florets Cut into small florets
- 1 Carrot Medium size, Peeled, Grated or Finely chopped or Thinly sliced
- 2 cups Half and half Or use whole milk
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese Full fat, Use block of cheese, Freshly shredded
Heat butter in a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat until fully melted.
Add the onion, garlic and saute for a few minutes until garlic is fragrant and onion is softened.
Add flour and mix for 1-2 minutes until the flour becomes golden brown.
Mix in broth, salt, pepper, paprika, broccoli, carrots.
Bring to a boil.
Then, reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the broccoli and carrots are tender.
Add half and half and cheddar cheese.
Cook uncovered for a few more minutes until cheese is fully melted.
Garnish with additional black pepper and paprika. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave or stovetop. Additional broth may need to be added to thin it out again.
Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 135mg | Sodium: 1006mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4643IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 584mg | Iron: 1mg