One Pot Jalapeno Chicken
Quick and easy jalapeno chicken recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop in 30 minutes. Creamy and spicy with Asian/ Chinese flavor inspiration.
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 pound Boneless chicken breast Cut into small 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 clove Garlic Finely minced
- 1 tsp Ginger Freshly grated, Or replace with 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1-2 tsp Soy sauce Low sodium
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar Or lemon juice
- 1 Jalapeno Small, Deseeded, Finely chopped
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 tbsp Cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Heavy cream Or whole milk
- 1 tbsp Green onions Thinly sliced
Heat sesame oil and olive oil in a large nonstick pot or pan over medium-high heat.
Add chicken, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, vinegar, jalapenos, salt, pepper and mix everything together.
Cover and cook for about 8 minutes on medium-high heat.
Remove lid and let it cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes until excess liquid is reduced and sauce is starting to thicken.
Turn off heat and mix in cream cheese and heavy cream.
Mix until cheese is fully melted and sauce is creamy.
Garnish with jalapenos and green onions and additional jalapenos (finely chopped), if you like. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 346mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 191IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg