One Pot Pasta Fagioli/ Pasta E Fagioli
Quick & easy pasta fagioli recipe/ pasta e fagioli, made in one pot in 30 minutes on stovetop. Packed with simple ingredients: Italian herbs, beef, beans, vegetables.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 pound Ground beef Or spicy Italian sausage with casing removed
- 3 tbsp Garlic Finely minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger Finely minced
- 1 Onion Medium size, Finely chopped
- 1 cup Carrots Peeled, Diced
- 1 cup Celery Diced
- 6 cups Chicken broth Low sodium
- 1 can Tomato sauce 16 oz. can
- 1 can Diced tomatoes 15 oz. can
- 1 tsp Basil Dried
- 1.5 tsp Oregano Dried
- 1 tsp Thyme Dried
- 1 tsp Parsley Dried
- 1/2 tsp Marjoram Dried
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary Dried
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 1/3 cup Ditalini pasta Uncooked
- 1 can Red kidney beans 15 oz. can
- 1 can Great Northern beans 15 oz. can
- 1 Zucchini Medium size, Diced, Optional
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh basil or parsely Roughly chopped, For garnish
In a large nonstick pot, heat oil over medium high heat.
Add ground beef or Italian sausage and cook until brown. Drain fat.
Add garlic, ginger, onion, carrots, celery, zucchini and cook until tender all vegetables are tender.
Add broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, marjoram, rosemary, salt, pepper and bring everything to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium low and add the pasta and let it simmer until pasta is halfway cooked. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent soup from burning and sticking to the pot.
Add beans and zucchini and cook until pasta is al dente.
Garnish with fresh basil or parsley and freshly shredded parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1587mg | Potassium: 1198mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4310IU | Vitamin C: 41.2mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 4.6mg