One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
Quick and easy Cajun chicken pasta recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop. This 30 minute meal is comfort food, packed with Cajun seasoning.
- 1 pound Spaghetti
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 2 pounds Boneless chicken breast Cut into very small cubes
- 3 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/3 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Red pepper Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp Garlic Finely minced
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce Adjust according to your preference, OR heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Boil spaghetti in a large nonstick pot, as per box instructions. Drain water and keep aside.
In the same pot, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat.
Add chicken, Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, lemon zest and saute everything until chicken is no longer pink.
Add onion, red peppers, garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Make sure not to burn the garlic.
Pour Alfredo sauce and cook until mixture is thick and creamy.
Note: If you are using heavy cream instead of Alfredo sauce, let it cook over medium high heat until liquid is reduced and sauce thickens.
Stir in parmesan cheese.
Mix in boiled spaghetti and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- If you are not fond of Alfredo sauce, you can omit it completely and just mix in parmesan cheese and it will still taste great.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Calories: 619kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 640mg | Potassium: 844mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2335IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2.3mg