One Pot Pear Salad
Quick and easy pear salad recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot in 10 minutes. Loaded with mixed greens, cranberries, pecans, balsamic vinaigrette and sometimes crumbled blue cheese.
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1.5 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Poppy seeds
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 6 cups Spinach Or mixed greens, Washed, Patted dry
- 2-3 Pears Washed, Patted Dry, Cored, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 cup Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Pecans Roughly chopped, Can be replaced with candied pecans too
- 1/3 cup Blue cheese Crumbled, Optional, I omitted it
In a large salad bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, poppy seeds, salt, pepper until combined.
Add spinach, pears, cranberries, pecans and toss until combined.
Optional: Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese on top. I did not do this.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
For a beautiful salad presentation (like shown in the picture), prepare the salad dressing/vinaigrette and keep it aside. Spread the spinach or any greens of your choice in a large salad bowl. Top it off with slices of pears and sprinkle cranberries, pecans, blue cheese. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top, just before serving.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately. Leftovers cannot be stored for later because the salad will become soggy. However, you can store the salad and vinaigrette separately for 2 days in the fridge and mix right before serving.
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 349mg | Potassium: 324mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2942IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 1mg