One Pot Chili Mac Recipe
Quick and easy chili mac recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot. This 30 minute meal is loaded with beans, ground beef, tomatoes and cheese.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 can Chili beans 15 oz. can, Undrained
- 1 can Diced tomatoes 14.5 oz. can
- 1 can Tomato sauce 8 oz. can
- 1 packet Chili seasoning 1.25 oz.
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 1/3 cup Milk Whole
- 1.5 cups Macaroni Uncooked
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1 cup Colby jack cheese Shredded
Heat oil in a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
Add beef, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and cook until beef is cooked and no longer pink.
Remove from heat and drain fat/grease.
Add beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili seasoning, cumin powder, milk, macaroni, half the cheddar cheese, half the colby jack cheese.
Mix, cover and cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
Then, uncover and cook for another 6-10 minutes or until pasta is tender and liquid is reduced/absorbed. Stir often to prevent sticking and burning.
Top off with the remaining cheddar cheese and colby jack cheese. Mix.
Garnish with roughly chopped fresh parsley and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Do not freeze this meal because pasta does not thaw well and tastes weird. However, you can brown and beef and mix together all the other ingredients and freeze that. When you are ready to enjoy this meal, add the frozen mixture in a large pot and cook it over low heat, covered, until it thaws. Add the macaroni and cook until it's tender.
Calories: 627kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 1441mg | Potassium: 1254mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1155IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 437mg | Iron: 5.6mg