One Pot Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
Quick, easy broccoli and cheese sauce recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot in 20 minutes over stovetop. A classic side side dish with steamed broccoli and creamy cheddar cheese mixture.
- 3/4 - 1 cup Evaporated milk
- 1.5 cups Cheddar cheese Freshly grated, Not pre-grated
- 2 tsp Cornstarch Dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cups Broccoli florets Steamed
In a large nonstick pot, add milk, cheese, dissolved cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic, mustard.
Cook over low heat, whisking often, until cheese has fully melted into a thick, smooth sauce.
If sauce is too thick, thin it out by adding a little more milk. If it's too thin, cook uncovered for longer until excess liquid evaporates and sauce is reduced.
Pour this over steamed broccoli (I used roasted). Season with more salt and pepper, if you like.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up 2 days. However, it will be thicker and grainy, when reheated.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 965IU | Vitamin C: 61.8mg | Calcium: 463mg | Iron: 0.9mg