One Pot Bourbon Chicken
Quick, easy Chinese bourbon chicken recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 30 minutes. Loaded with sweet and sticky sauce.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 pounds Chicken breast Cut into small 1 inch cubes
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 clove Garlic Finely minced
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth Low sodium OR use water
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1/3 cup Soy sauce Low sodium
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes Optional
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch Dissolved in 1-2 tbsp water
- 2-3 tbsp Green onions Sliced
Heat oil in a nonstick pan or pot over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and sprinkle salt and pepper.
Stir fry chicken until golden brown and cooked through.
Add garlic and stir fry for a few seconds until fragrant. Be careful not to burn it!
Add broth, bourbon, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, ginger powder, red chili flakes and mix until combined.
Add dissolved cornstarch, while gently mixing.
Bring to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer for a few minutes until sauce has thickened to your desired consistency.
Garnish with green onions. I also tossed some peanuts because I love that crunch but that's not necessary at all.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- If you prefer a slightly crispy chicken, remove the stir-fried chicken onto a plate and then prepare the bourbon sauce in the same pot. Finally, add the chicken back into the pan and toss until fully coated.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. The sauce will thicken over time and will need to be thinned out by the addition of some broth.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1535mg | Potassium: 949mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 179IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg