One Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
Quick and easy tomato basil pasta recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 30 minutes. Loaded with Italian seasoning and cheese.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Vegetable broth Low sodium
- 1.5 cups Cherry tomatoes Divided, Sliced in half
- 1 pound Spaghetti Or linguine pasta
- 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes Optional
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2 cup Basil leaves Fresh, Roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese Shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese Shredded
- 1/4 cup Cream cheese Optional
Heat oil in a nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
Add garlic and saute until golden fragrant. Don't burn it!
Add water, vegetable broth, half the cherry tomatoes, pasta, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes (optional), salt, pepper and half the basil leaves.
Cover and bring everything to a boil.
Then, uncover and cook until pasta is al dente and the liquid is either all evaporated or absorbed. Be sure to gently mix pasta often to ensure it doesn't stick to the pot.
Reduce heat. Add mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, cream cheese (optional), remaining cherry tomatoes and remaining basil leaves.
Mix and allow the cheese to fully melt. Enjoy!
- Read all my notes and tips above.
- In the pictures that you saw in this post, I did not add cream cheese but you can add it to make this pasta very creamy.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 592mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 703IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 2mg