One Pot Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Quick, easy curried butternut squash soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 30 minutes. Smooth and creamy.
- 1 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Onions Finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 1 tsp Ginger Finely grated
- 1 Butternut squash Medium size, Peeled, Chopped into small 1 inch cubes
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1-2 tbsp Curry powder Or Thai red curry paste is another optional
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes Optional
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder Optional
- 1 can Coconut milk 14 oz. can
- 2 cups Vegetable broth Low sodium
- 1-2 tbsp Maple syrup
Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
Add onions and saute until tender and translucent.
Add garlic, ginger and saute until fragrant.
Add butternut squash, salt, pepper, curry powder, red chili flakes, cinnamon powder and mix to combine everything together.
Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, maple syrup.
Mix and bring to a boil.
Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until squash in tender.
Then, turn off heat and use a hand-held immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
Turn on the heat to medium-high again and cook uncovered until soup is reduced and thickened to your desired consistency.
Taste the soup and adjust seasonings by adding some more curry powder or salt e.t.c.
Garnish with some roasted pumpkin seeds or squash seeds and a dash of paprika. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. This soup can also be frozen in a sealed airtight container for up to 1 month and heated in the microwave or stovetop.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 523mg | Potassium: 973mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 20360IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 5mg