One Pot Marinara Sauce
Quick, easy marinara sauce recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 30 minutes. Loaded with tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic!
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1 cup Onions Finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 2 cans Crushed tomatoes 28 oz. cans each
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 2 tbsp Basil Fresh, Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Parsley Fresh, Finely chopped
- 1/2- 1 tsp Oregano Dried, Adjust to your taste
- 1/8 tsp Red chili flakes Optional
- 1-2 tsp Granulated sugar
- 1-2 Bay leaves
Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
Add onions, garlic and saute until onion is partially softened and garlic is fragrant.
Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil, parsley, oregano, red chili flakes, sugar, bay leaves and mix until combined.
Bring to a boil.
Then, reduce heat to "Low" and simmer uncovered until sauce is reduced and thickened to your desired consistency. Stir often.
Discard bay leaves and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days and reheated in the microwave or stovetop.
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 194mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg