One Pot Arrabbiata Sauce
The best quick and easy Arrabbiata sauce recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop in 30 mins. Full of tomatoes, garlic, spicy red chili flakes.
- 2 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 8-10 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 2-4 tsp Red chili flakes Adjust to your taste
- 1 cup Onions Finely chopped
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 1 can Whole tomatoes Preferably San Marzano, Crushed with your hands
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Basil Fresh, Roughly chopped
Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick pot over low heat.
Add garlic and red chili flakes and sauté for a few minutes, stirring often, until garlic is golden brown. Keep a close eye to ensure nothing burns.
Raise the heat to medium-high and add onions.
Saute for a few minutes until onions are partially softened, mixing often.
Add crushed tomatoes, San Marzano tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning.
Bring to a boil.
Then, reduce heat to "Low" and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
In the final 10 minutes, mix in basil.
Continue cooking until sauce is reduced to your desired consistency. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave or stovetop.
Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 421IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg