One Pot Fall Harvest Salad
Quick and easy Fall salad recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Packed with greens, turkey, apples, nuts, pomegranate, orange vinaigrette.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Orange juice Preferably freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp Honey Adjust to your sweetness preference
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 3 cups Green salad mix Combination of lettuce, kale, spinach, arugula
- 1 Apple Washed, Thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup Turkey meat Thinly sliced or Shredded, Can use leftover Thanksgiving turkey meat
- 1/3 cup Cashews Preferably roasted, Can be roughly chopped but I prefer them whole, For topping, Can be replaced with pecans
In a large salad bowl, prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon powder until combined.
Add green salad mix, apple, slices, pomegranate seeds, turkey meat and toss everything together.
Garnish with cashews and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Note: Instead of mixing the vinaigrette with the salad, you can do a better presentation (similar to what I did) by spreading the green salad mix in a large dish. Then, top it off with a column of sliced apples, column of turkey meat, column of pomegranate seeds, column of cashews. Drizzle the prepared vinaigrette on top of the prepared salad, prior to serving. I typically only do this for dinner parties because it's elegant and looks fancy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately and I don't recommend storing leftovers for later because if the vinaigrette has already been mixed with the greens, they will become soggy over time. You can store the salad and dressing separately for 2 days in the fridge and mix right before serving.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 320mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 412IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg