One Pot Chicken Taco Soup
Quick and easy chicken taco soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop in 30 minutes. Loaded with shredded chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes, hearty broth, ranch and taco seasoning.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peppers Diced
- 1/2 cup Carrots Diced, Optional
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 2 Chicken breasts Boneless
- 1 can Diced tomatoes with green chilies 10 oz. can
- 1 can Stewed tomatoes 14.5 oz. can
- 1.5 cups Chicken broth Low sodium
- 1 can Corn 15 oz. can, Don't drain
- 1 can Pinto beans Drained, Rinsed, 15 oz. can
- 1 can Black beans Drained, Rinsed, 15 oz. can, Or use use chili beans Or use red kidney beans
- 1 can Chopped green chilies Optional
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning mix Dry, 1 oz. packet
- 1 packet Taco seasoning mix Dry, 1 oz. packet
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To. taste
Heat oil in a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
Add onion, green peppers, carrots (optional), garlic, chicken and saute until chicken is no longer pink. It does not have to be cooked through.
Add diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, broth, corn, pinto beans, black beans, chopped. green chilies, ranch seasoning, taco seasoning, salt, pepper.
Mix until combined.
Cover and cook until chicken is tender and cooked through- about 20-25 minutes.
Remove chicken from pot and shred it and then add it back into the pot.
Mix and continue cooking uncovered for 5-8 minutes until soup is thickened and reduced to your desired consistency.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave or stovetop.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 941mg | Potassium: 993mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2780IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 4mg