Instant Pot Flank Steak Tacos
Quick and easy instant pot steak tacos recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Loaded with melt in your mouth, tender flank steak, lime juice, garlic, taco seasoning and lots of cilantro.
- 2 pound Flank steak Thinly sliced into half inch strips
- 2 tbsp Butter Melted, Unsalted
- 1 can Diced tomatoes with green chiles 10 oz. can
- 1-2 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper To taste
- Salt To taste
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch Dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup Green peppers Thinly sliced, Optional
- 1/2 cup Onions Thinly sliced, Optional
- 2 tbsp Cilantro Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
In the instant pot (don't turn it on yet!), add steak strips, melted butter, diced tomatoes with green chiles, lime juice, taco seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt.
Mix until combined.
Put the lid on and now, turn on the pressure cooker. Turn the the valve to “Sealing.” Select “Manual” mode and set timer for 12 minutes.
When the cook time is over, let the pot sit undisturbed and allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then, do "quick release" to allow remaining steam to escape.
Turn on the "Saute" mode and mix in the dissolved cornstarch slurry.
Add thinly sliced green peppers and onions (optional).
Cook uncovered for a few more minutes to reduce liquid further and to make onions and peppers tender (if you added those).
Garnish with lots of fresh cilantro.
Use a slotted spoon to remove steaks from pot and fill tacos and pour some juices on top.
Add toppings of your choice and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave, stovetop or instant pot.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 663mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 287IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3mg