One Pot Frito Pie (Chili Pie)
Quick and easy Frito pie recipe (chili pie), homemade with simple ingredients in one pot in 30 minutes. Full of beans, corn, salsa, enchilada sauce, corn chips, cheese, taco seasoning.
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 1 packet Taco seasoning 1 oz. packet
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2 cup Enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Salsa Chunky
- 1 can Beans Kidney beans or black beans or chili beans, Drained, Rinsed, 15 oz. can
- 1/2 cup Frozen corn
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese Shredded, Full fat
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese Shredded, Full fat
- 3-4 cups Frito corn chips Adjust according to your preference
Heat a large nonstick pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
Drain the grease.
Add onions, garlic, taco seasoning, salt, pepper, enchilada sauce, salsa, beans, corn and mix until combined.
Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes or until onions are tender and chili is thickened to your desired consistency. If mixture is too thick, add some water to thin it to your preference.
Spread this chili mixture evenly in a greased casserole dish (Dimensions: 9x13).
Sprinkle half the Monterey jack cheese and half the cheddar cheese on top of the chili.
Then, sprinkle Frito chips.
Finally, sprinkle remaining Monterey jack cheese and remaining cheddar cheese.
Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted. Enjoy!
Note: To make this a truly one pot meal, brown the meat in a large oven-safe skillet on stovetop and then, remove from heat. Add the cheese and Frito chips on top and bake in oven. This way, you don't need make a casserole dish dirty.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave but the corn chips won't be as crispy any more.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 1220mg | Potassium: 446mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1223IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 312mg | Iron: 3mg