Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
Quick and easy instant pot mac and cheese recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Super creamy and loaded with cheese. No evaporated milk! No Velveeta!
- 1 box Macaroni 16 oz. box, Uncooked
- 4 cups Chicken broth Or vegetable broth, Low sodium
- 2 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce Or hot sauce, Optional
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese Shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese Shredded
- 1/2 - 1 cup Milk Whole
Add the macaroni, broth, butter, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, mustard, sriracha sauce or hot sauce (optional) in the instant pot and mix everything together.
Put the lid on and turn up the the valve to “Sealing.” Select “Manual” mode and set the time for 5 minutes.
When the cook time is over, let the pressure release by turning the valve to “Venting.”
Remove lid and mix in all the cheeses and milk until smooth and creamy.
Note: Start off by adding 1/2 cup milk and add more, as necessary, until you are satisfied with the consistency.
Garnish with finely chopped parsley (optional) and serve immediately.
- Read all my tips above.
- This tastes best when served fresh but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days. It can be reheated in the microwave with a splash of milk.
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 965mg | Potassium: 331mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 321mg | Iron: 1.5mg