Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
Quick and easy slow cooker barbacoa beef recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Juicy, tender beef melts in your mouth. Perfect filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas.
- 4 pound Chuck roast Cut into large cubes, Brisket can also be used
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 1 cup Beef broth Low sodium
- 2 tbsp Lime juice Or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1-2 Bay leaves
- Salt To taste
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oregano Dried, Preferably Mexican oregano
- 1.5 tbsp Cumin powder
- 3 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce Must add 1 tbsp canned adobo sauce too
- 1 can Green chiles 4 oz. can
Add all the ingredients in a crock-pot.
Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours (You can cook on high for 3-4 hours but the best results come from low and slow cooking).
Remove and discard bay leaves.
Shred with 2 forks and toss everything together.
Garnish with finely chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 313mg | Potassium: 795mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 1.6mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 5.9mg