One Pot Pickled Vgetables
Quick and easy pickled vegetables recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 20 minutes. Loaded with vegetables, fresh herbs, spices, vinegar brine.
- 6 cups Vegetables Your choice of turnips, radishes, carrots, cucumbers, green chilies, raw green olives, cauliflower, green beans e.t.c.
Herbs and Spices
- 6-8 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Ginger Thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Red chili flakes
- 1 tsp Black peppercorns
- 3 sprigs Fresh herbs Your choice of dill, parsley, thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage or a combination
- 3 cups Water
- 2 cups Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 3-4 tbsp Granulated sugar Adjust according to your preference
Wash and roughly dice vegetables of your choice. Some veggies such as green beans and red chilies don't have to be sliced and chopped.
Fill 2 wide-mouthed quart size mason jars with these veggies and make sure to really pack them in. Leave about 1 inch space at the top of the jar.
Divide all the herbs and spices between the two jars. Keep aside.
In a nonstick saucepan, add water, vinegar, salt, sugar and and bring to a boil.
Gently pour this brine, using a funnel in each jar. Make sure the pickle juice completely covers the vegetables and be sure to leave at least a 1/2 inch of space between the brine and lid.
Cover tightly with lid and let it sit at room temperature until it cools down completely.
Then, store in the fridge for up to 1 month. These pickled are ready to be enjoyed after 6-8 hours but taste even better after 24 hours.
- Read all my tips above.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 month and can also be canned for longer storage (instructions within the post).
Calories: 508kcal | Carbohydrates: 99g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 7279mg | Potassium: 1307mg | Fiber: 24g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 28150IU | Vitamin C: 62.5mg | Calcium: 231mg | Iron: 6.7mg