One Pot Mushroom Gravy
Quick, easy mushroom gravy recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop in 30 minutes. Rich, creamy, perfect with pork chops and steak.
- 3 tbsp Beef drippings Or bacon grease Or chicken drippings
- 3/4 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic Finely minced
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp Thyme Dried
- 16 oz. Button mushrooms Or any mushrooms you like, Cleaned, Sliced
- 4 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 4 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 cups Beef Broth Low sodium
- 2 tbsp Marsala wine Or 1-2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
Add the beef drippings and onion in a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
Saute onions for about 3 minutes until softened.
Add garlic, ginger, thyme and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add butter and let it melt.
Sprinkle flour and mix constantly for 2 minutes to cook it off.
Add beef broth, wine salt, pepper and continue mixing and cooking until gravy is thickened to your desired consistency.
Turn down the heat to "Low" and cover and simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to develop even further. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave or stovetop with a splash of water or broth.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 370mg | Potassium: 313mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 237IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg