Easy Pigs in a Blanket (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick, easy pigs in a blanket recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pan. Mini smokies, wrapped in puff pastry/ crescent roll are 20 minute appetizer!
These homemade pigs in a blanket are super fun to make for parties and they can easily serve a big crowd. You can get as creative as you like with fillings or keep it as simple as you like. Same applies for toppings. Keep it plain or go over the top, like I did.
Other lil smokies recipes for appetizer
Also known as mini crescent dogs!
How to make pigs in a blanket from scratch? How do you make the best pigs in a blanket? How do you make little smokies in a blanket?
- Wrap puff pastry or crescent roll dough around mini sausages.
- Brush egg white on top and sprinkle seasoning.
- Bake and you are done.
How long do you cook mini pigs in a blanket?
Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until they become golden brown.
Can you make crescent roll pigs in a blanket in advance?
Yes. Prepare them and place them on a baking tray in the fridge. However, don’t bake until 15 minutes before the guests arrive.
Tips for easy pigs in a blanket recipe
- To prevent these rolls from sticking to the pan, line pan with parchment paper.
- You can use either puff pastry or crescent roll dough. I have used the Pillsbury crescent rolls and they work great. I have also used Pepperidge Farm puffs without any issues.
- To make these with cheese, add some mozzarella or cheddar cheese inside before rolling.
- I coat these appetizers in everything bagel seasoning blend (easily found on at Trader Joe’s or Amazon) but that’s optional and can easily be omitted.
- Instead of baking, you can deep fry them until golden brown. You can also use an Air Fryer.
One Pan Pigs in a Blanket Recipe
- 1 package Puff pastry, Or crescent rolls
- 1 package Little smokies , Or mini sausages, 16 oz. package
- 1 Egg, Large, Lightly beaten, For egg wash, Optional
- 2-3 tbsp Everything bagel seasoning, Optional
- Cut 2 inch square pieces of puff pastry or crescent roll dough.
- Place a mini sausage in the center and fold both ends to the center and pinch together to secure it. You can use water to help it stick too. Place it on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Brush egg wash on top of each piece.
- Sprinkle bagel seasoning.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until golden edges are golden brown. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served fresh but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 24 hours. However, they will loose their crispy texture when reheated.
- Homemade everything bagel seasoning: Combine together 1 tbsp each of sesame seeds, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, dried garlic and a pinch of salt.
Happy cooking everyone!