Creamy Grape Salad (One Bowl)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy creamy grape salad recipe that’s ready in 10 minutes, using simple ingredients. It’s sweet, creamy and packed with nuts.
In general, I don’t care for salads EXCEPT for this super creamy grape salad.
It’s a CLASSIC side dish or dessert but I, personally, LOVE eating it as dessert.
Those juicy grapes mixed with all that creamy mixture and crunchy nuts and brown sugar is to die for!
There is NO baking, NO cooking and everything just comes together in in ONE bowl!
Now, I just want you all to know that this recipe is NOT the same as chicken grape salad, which is savory and does not use any sugar or whipped cream.
Anyways, moving along…
I have made numerous VARIATIONS of grape salad with:
- Cool Whip
- Marshmallow cream
- Marshmallow fluff
- Cream cheese
Today, I am sharing the BEST grape salad recipe ever and I really can’t get enough of it!
Here are some FLAVOR variations you can try with this recipe:
- You can just use green grapes to make green grape salad or just red grapes to make red grape salad.
- You can add some chopped apples to make apple grape salad.
- Add some small broccoli florets to make broccoli grape salad.
- For healthy grape salad, use greek yogurt instead of sour cream and also use low fat cream cheese. The salad will have a bit of a tangy flavor though.
Here are some TIPS for making this simple grape salad:
- DON’T cut the grapes in half because that releases too much water and makes the creamy consistency thinner.
- I highly recommend using FULL FAT sour cream and full fat cream cheese for maximum creaminess.
- You must CHILL this salad for at least an hour because it tastes better when it’s cold.
- Traditionally, pecans are used but you can use any other nuts you like. Just make sure they are UNSALTED but TOASTED.
- Coconut is OPTIONAL in this recipe but I recommend it because it adds a subtle chewiness, which is amazing. Sweetened or unsweetened coconut can be used!
How to make grape salad?
In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, granulated sugar, vanilla and mix until smooth. Toss in grapes and chopped pecans and mix until grapes are fully coated. Top it off with some brown sugar and pecans. Chill and enjoy!
How long does grape salad last?
It can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How long do you chill grape salad?
Chill it for at least 1 hour or overnight because it tastes the best when it’s cold.
What is grape salad?
It’s a sweet and creamy salad that usually served at picnics, potlucks, brunches and dinner parties as a side dish and sometimes, even dessert.
How many cups are in a pound of grapes?
1 pound of seedless grapes equals about 2.5 cups of grapes
1 pound of seeded grapes equals about 2 cups of grapes
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this creamy grape salad, you may like these grape jelly little smokies too.
Creamy Grape Salad
- 1 cup Cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 pounds Red grapes, Washed and dried
- 2 pounds Green grapes, Washed and dried
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Pecans, Roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Coconut, Shredded, Optional
- Additional pecans and coconut, For sprinkling on top
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract and beat it together until fully blended.
- Add coconut (optional), pecans and mix again.
- Add grapes and mix until they are fully coated.
- Prior to serving, sprinkle brown sugar, pecans and coconut on top and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Happy cooking everyone!
This is so similar to a recipe my mom used to make me growing up! Looks amazing!
My kids would totally LOVE this… they’re huge grape fans!
Based on a taste test it’s yummy! I didn’t have egg noodles though, so shells it is. Lol!
One of my Aunt’s used to make this for family gatherings growing up! I need to try your recipe!
What a great dish to bring to a potluck or summer BBQ! Looks fantastic!
Now this is my kind of salad! YUM!
I need to give this a try! Looks delicious!
This is making we want to have a big BBQ! Love a good salad!
This looks great for the summer months! My family loves grapes!
What did you substitute the cool whip for in the above recipe or did you just add it to the recipe?
In this recipe version, I just used cream cheese and sour cream instead of Cool Whip.
All of the salads look wonderful.
It is the best salad ever i love 💘it.