Instant Pot Sausage Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy instant pot sausage pasta that makes a simple 30 minute weeknight meal. It’s packed with tomato sauce, Italian flavors and sausages.
This delicious instant pot sausage pasta is going to be a hit with your family!
With the popularity of Instant Pot, I feel like everyone is looking for easy weeknight dinners now that come together QUICKLY in less than 30 minutes.
Some of my FAVORITES are instant pot sausage recipes or even instant pot sausage pasta sauce (using ground sausage) and especially my family’s smoked sausage pasta recipe. They are all one pot sausage pasta meal.
Here are some TIPS for making instant pot sausage pasta:
- You need to use sausage links and not ground sausage in this recipe.
- You can use water or broth in this recipe
- You can adjust the amount of red chili flakes in this spicy sausage pasta recipe, based on your preference.
- Don’t add the green peppers in the beginning or else they will become very soft.
- Don’t cook the pasta for too long because the pasta will become a disgusting, over-cooked mess.
- Either water or broth can be used. Obviously, broth adds a little more flavor but make sure it’s low sodium.
- You can add 2 jars of pasta sauce but, if you want this pasta to be very “saucy.” I used less than 2 jars.
Here are some flavor variations for this instant post sausage penne pasta:
- To make Italian sausage pasta bake, add this cooked pasta in an oven-safe dish and top it off with shredded cheese and bake for a few minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- To make pasta with sausage and spinach, add 1 cup chopped fresh spinach in near the end.
- To make pasta with sausage and broccoli, add 1 cup roughly chopped broccoli near the end.
- To make healthy sausage pasta, use turkey sausages links.
- Add 1/2 cup cream cheese to this recipe to make sausage pasta with cream sauce/ creamy sausage pasta recipe.
- To make instant pot sausage pepper pasta, add some finely chopped green peppers (like I did!) near the end.
- You can use kielbasa sausage to make instant pot kielbasa pasta.
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this pressure cooker sausage pasta recipe, you may also like this garlic chicken pasta (one pot).
How to make sausage pasta in Instant pot or pressure cooker?
- Cook the sausage in the Instant Pot on the Sauté setting.
- Add the pasta sauce, water, penne pasta, herbs and spices.
- Lock the lid and seal it.
- Cook on Manual mode for a few minutes.
- Set up Venting and release pressure.
- Add green peppers and cook for a few more minutes on Simmer mode until pasta is fully cooked. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Sausage Pasta
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 4-5 Italian sausage links, Slices
- 2 jars Pasta sauce, 24 oz bottles
- 3 cups Water, Or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes
- 17 oz Penne pasta
- 1/2 cup Green peppers, Finely chopped, Optional
- Add oil in an Instant Pot and set it on the Sauté mode.
- Sauté sausage until half cooked.
- Add pasta sauce, water, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes, penne pasta.
- Mix. Lock the lid with the sealed setting.
- Set Manual mode and set it to 7 minutes or until al dente.
- Then, set the knob to Venting to manually release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and add green peppers. Mix.
- If the pasta is not fully cooked, set the Instant Pot to Simmer and cook it for a few more minutes until pasta is tender to your liking. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- If you like your pasta with a lot of sauce, use both the jars of pasta sauce or else, just use 1 jar of sauce.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.
Happy cooking everyone!