Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy crockpot chicken noodle soup recipe, made with simple ingredients. A classic, homemade, hearty soup with herbs, chicken, veggies, noodles.
This slow cooker chicken noodle soup recipe is the ultimate classic comfort food to enjoy during chilly Winter days and it’s also an easy weeknight meal for sick days. You can also make this Easy Stovetop Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (One Pot), if you don’t want to use a slow cooker. This Chicken Vegetable Soup (One Pot) is another family favorite!
How to make easy crockpot chicken noodle soup recipe with rotisserie chicken/ cooked chicken?
- Follow the recipe below but omit the chicken breast.
- Instead, cook the vegetables, broth and herbs for 3-4 hours on High.
- Then, stir in cooked shredded chicken, egg noodles.
- Cover and cook until pasta is tender.
- Then, stir in lemon juice and garnish with green onions and you are done.
How do you make chicken soup recipe in slow cooker?
Follow the recipe below but omit the noodles to make a very simple soup. It would be very thin without pasta and thus, I would suggest mixing in some cornstarch mixture to thicken it.
Do you cook chicken before putting it in soup?
I use uncooked chicken that I eventually shred but you can easily use leftover baked chicken from a previous meal or rotisserie chicken. Just shred it or slice it into small cubes and mix it into the soup.
What to serve with classic healthy homemade soup?
- Garlic bread
- Pull Apart Bread
- Dinner rolls
- Simple salad
Tips and techniques
- Use low sodium broth to prevent soup from becoming too salty.
- The amount of spices and herbs can be adjusted, based on your preference.
- Adjust the amount of vegetables, based on your preference.
- Lime juice can be added instead of lemon juice. It adds a subtle delicious zesty tanginess and takes this soup to a whole new level.
- Always use fresh herbs for garnish because they look nicer and they also pack a lot of fresh flavor.
- Chicken vegetable soup- Add any vegetables of your choice like green beans, corn, celery, onions, carrots, broccoli e.t.c. Please note that frozen vegetables cook faster than freshly chopped vegetables.
- Creamy chicken noodle soup- Stir in some heavy cream or half and half or even some cream of chicken soup. Another option is to dissolve some cornstarch in water and stir that in the soup to thicken it.
Other slow cooker soup recipes
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1.5 pound Chicken breast, Boneless
- 1.5 cups Carrots, Peeled and sliced into small circles
- 1 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 1 cup Celery, Sliced
- 2.5 tbsp Garlic, FInely minced
- 1.5 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 cups Chicken broth, Low sodium
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Bay leaf, Optional
- Salt , To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Dried sage
- 2 cups Egg noodles, Uncooked, Wide
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp Green onions, Or cilantro, Or parsley, Roughly chopped, For garnish
- Place the chicken breast in a slow cooker.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, garlic, oil, broth, water, bay leaf, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, sage.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred it with 2 forks.
- Return shredded chicken back into the slow cooker.
- Also, add egg noodles.
- Cover and cook on high for 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and garnish with green onions or parsley or cilantro and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served fresh but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Happy cooking everyone!
Looks so good – can I use fresh herbs instead of dried? tysm
Of course, you can. Adjust the amount according to your preference.
This soup looks fab. I’m loving the rosemary you’ve included – it doesn’t seem to make it into many soup recipes.
What size slow cooker do you have?
Anything that’s 6 quart or bigger should work for this recipe.
A light supper after the holidays! Delicious and easy to prepare! Perfect with leftover rolls. Yum!
I already made this and it is so delicious and nutritious I love the fact that you can control your own sodium and I actually used medium shells instead of egg noodles and it came out incredible.
It’s 17° here in New York total soup with her and I making it again today and sharing it with my elderly neighbors who really appreciate good soup not canned.
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed it and will be sharing with your friends. Stay warm out there!