Chicken Vegetable Soup (One Pot)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy chicken vegetable soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop. It’s healthy, loaded with Italian seasoning, veggies, chicken.
This is the best, cheap, hearty, healthy chicken vegetable soup and the perfect weeknight meal for chilly Winter days.
It’s easy to adjust to your liking and tastes delicious! This is just as good as my Vegetable Beef Soup (One Pot) and Easy Vegetable Soup (One Pot).
How do you make easy homemade chicken vegetable soup?
- Heat oil .
- Saute onions, carrots, celery, ginger, garlic.
- Add broth, tomatoes, potatoes, seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add green beans.
- Cover and cook for a few minutes.
- Add shredded chicken, corn, peas and cook again.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy.
What spices are good in chicken and vegetable soup?
- Red chili flakes
Italian seasoning is best. They can be fresh or dry.
What are the best vegetables for chicken soup?
- Green beans
You can basically use any vegetables of your choice.
Tips and variations
-Stir in leftover cooked noodles or rice and make this soup more filling.
-Use low sodium broth because regular broth can make this meal very salty.
-Either vegetable broth or chicken broth can be used.
-The amount of herbs and spices can be adjusted, based on your preference.
-You can use any vegetables of your choice.
-If you are planning on freezing, then don’t add potatoes because they don’t thaw well.
-Use leftover shredded rotisserie or grilled chicken from a previous meal. It will just be quicker this way.
-Red chili flakes are optional but add a subtle spicy kick.
-To make creamy soup, stir in about 1 cup heavy cream in the last 5 minutes to make the soup thicker and creamier. Half and half is also a good choice.
Other one pot soup recipes
One Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, Medium size, Finely chopped
- 4 Carrots, Medium, Peeled, Roughly chopped
- 3 Celery sticks, Roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger, Finely minced
- 2 tbsp Garlic, Finely minced
- 4 cans Vegetable broth, Or chicken broth, Low sodium, 14.5 oz cans
- 2 cans Diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz cans
- 3 Potatoes, Medium size, Peeled, Cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/3 cup Parsley, Fresh, Roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Thyme, Dried
- 1 tsp Oregano, Dried
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary, Dried
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes , Optional
- 3/4 cup Green beans, Frozen
- 1 cup Shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup Corn, Frozen
- 1/2 cup Peas, Frozen
- Add oil in a large nonstick pot and heat it over medium high heat. Serve and enjoy!
- Add onions, carrots and celery, ginger, garlic and saute everything until fragrant.
- Add broth, tomatoes, potatoes, bay leaves, parsley, thyme, oregano, rosemary, salt, pepper, red chili (optional).
- Bring to a boil.
- Then, add green beans and reduce heat.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes until potatoes become tender.
- Add shredded chicken, corn, peas and cook for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Happy cooking everyone!
Made this for dinner last night and it was so flavorful and filling. We added some cooked noodles as well. Thanks so much for the recipe and all the tips! Great weeknight meal for cold days for sure!
Yesssss….one of my favorites! So yummy with tons of veggies!
This is soup was excellent,I added more spices omitted the rosemary because I did not have any. I did not as much can tomatoes. Over all excellent soup.
The best chicken veggie soup!
Only changes I make is to use my own Italian seasoning mix instead of the individual herbs and spices and I simmer and cook the chicken breasts sprinkled with McCormick Perfect Pinch rotisserie seasoning prior to adding to soup
Delicious! Made with cauliflower instead of green beans, which I didn’t have. Added in a few egg noodles too. I used 3 cans of chicken broth and 1 can of water since I didn’t have low sodium broth on hand an barely had to add any salt as this is very flavorful! So healthy!
I omitted the chicken and used only veggies. Delicious
I make this soup and it is delicious. Everyone I have served it to have loved it and said it is a nice change from chicken noodle. A+ in my book!