Creamy Tortellini Soup (Crockpot)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy tortellini soup recipe, made with simple ingredients in crockpot. It’s rich, creamy, loaded with Italian seasoning, cheese and heavy cream.
This crockpot soup is an easy weeknight meal, especially during the Winter time. It’s also a great way to enjoy tortellini, just like this delicious Italian Tortellini Salad (One Bowl) and this Tomato Tortellini Soup (One Pot)
This is the best easy crockpot tortellini soup/ slow cooker creamy tortellini soup recipe!
How to make tortellini soup with chicken broth?
- Add broth, spices, tomatoes, garlic, onions in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours and then blend everything until smooth.
- Add heavy cream, cream cheese, tortellini.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
You can replace chicken broth with vegetable broth.
How to make creamy tomato tortellini soup?
For perfect creamy texture, 2 key ingredients are used:
- Heavy cream
- Cheese (Cream cheese and parmesan cheese)
Make sure both ingredients are full fat for maximum creaminess.
What is tortellini brodo soup?
It means “tortellini in broth” and typically has just 4 ingredients:
Since there are such few ingredients, they should be very high quality for maximum flavor.
Tips and techniques for crockpot soup
- Use full fat cream cheese for maximum creaminess.
- Adjust amount of spices, based on your preference.
- You can replace all the spices with 1-2 tbsp Italian seasoning.
- Don’t omit heavy cream with milk since that will reduce the creaminess.
- Tortellinis can be omitted if you want to enjoy a simple creamy tomato soup.
- You can also make this soup on the stovetop and and it will be ready in under 1 hour.
- If you don’t have a hand-held immersion blender, you can pour the soup in a blender and puree it in there.
- Use low sodium broth to prevent this meal from becoming too salty.
- Fresh garnish enhances flavor and either of these are a great choice: Fresh cilantro, basil, rosemary, chives.
- For maximum cheese flavor, use cheese tortellinis and also add lots of freshly grated parmesan cheese on top, prior to serving.
- For vegetarian version, use vegetable broth and use soy cheeses and thick coconut milk instead of heavy cream. However, coconut has a strong flavor and will alter the flavor greatly. Another substitute for heavy cream is dairy-free half and half, which won’t affect the flavor drastically.
- Chicken tortellini soup- Mix in 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken when you add the heavy cream, cream cheese and tortellini and let it all cook together for 30 minutes.
- Spinach tortellini soup- Use spinach stuffed tortellini and/or you can also stir in 1/3 cup frozen spinach (thawed and drained of excess water).
- Italian sausage tortellini soup- Mix in 1 cup cooked Italian sausage when you add the heavy cream, cream cheese and tortellini and let it all cook together for 30 minutes.
Other One Pot Soup Recipes
- Tomato Basil Soup (One Pot)
- One Pot Lasagna Soup
- Vegetable Beef Soup (One Pot)
- Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (One Pot)
- Easy Vegetable Soup (One Pot)
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
Crockpot Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 4 cups Chicken broth, Or Vegetable broth, Low sodium
- 28 oz Tomatoes, Diced
- 15 oz Tomato sauce
- 1 cup Onions, Finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Garlic, Finely minced
- Salt , To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Cream cheese
- 20 oz Cheese tortellini, Refrigerated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, For garnish
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil , Roughly chopped, For garnish
- In a slow cooker, add broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, paprika.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3.5 hours.
- Use a hand-held immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Add heavy cream, cream cheese and tortellini and mix everything together.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and basil or cilantro. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Happy cooking everyone!
This looks like a total comfort food win! I can’t wait to try it!
Yes, this looks so comforting! All i need!
I love finding yummy and easy crockpot dinners – saves this busy Momma big time!